Sunday, October 11, 2015

Cast My Cares & Just Be Held


Two songs that have been a big comfort to me lately "Cast My Cares" and "Just Be Held".  I printed both out and glued them into my prayer journal.  When fear feels bigger than my faith--yes, that's where I am.  And struggles steal my breath away, my back's against the wall--I'm not strong but You are!

Cast My Cares
When fear feels bigger than my faith
And struggles steal my breath away

When my back's pressed up against the wall
With the weight of my worries stacked up tall
You're strong enough to hold it all

I will cast my cares on You
You're the anchor of my hopeThe only one who's in control
I will cast my cares on You
I'll trade the troubles of this world
For Your peace inside my soul

This war's not what I would've chosen
But You see the future no one knows yet

And there's still good when I can't
See the working of Your hands
You're holding it all
I will cast my cares on You
You're the anchor of my hope
The only one who's in control
I will cast my cares on You
I'll trade the troubles of this world
For Your peace inside my soul

I'm finding there's freedom
When I lay it all on Your shoulders

Cast my cares
I will Cast my cares
I will Cast my cares on You
 
Just be held
Hold it all together
Everybody needs you strong
But life hits you out of nowhere
And barely leaves you holding on
And when you're tired of fighting
Chained by your control
There's freedom in surrender
Lay it down and let it go
 
So when you're on your knees and answers seem so far away
You're not alone, stop holding on and just be held Your worlds not falling apart, its falling into place

 I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held

 Just be held, just be held
If your eyes are on the storm
You'll wonder if I love you still
But if your eyes are on the cross
You'll know I always have and I always will
 
And not a tear is wasted
In time, you'll understand
I'm painting beauty with the ashes
Your life is in My hands
Lift your hands, lift your eyes
In the storm is where you'll find Me

 And where you are, I'll hold your heart
I'll hold your heart
Come to Me, find your rest
In the arms of the God who won't let go

No comments:

Post a Comment