Friday, October 30, 2015

Florida!

Waking up at 2:30 am is not my cup of tea but I had a plane to catch.  Still my body did protest.  I flew to Salt Lake City and had only 30 minutes to find my gate and board another plan to Orlando.  We left on time and arrived 30 minutes early to our surprise but I had to wait in the pick up area outside for those 30 minutes for my sister and mom to pick me up.  It was good to see them.  Mom is too thin but was happy to see me.  My sister's breathing was bothersome but she lives with it, it concerns me.  We got home and my brother greeted us.  He looks like my dad--too much like him!

I came with gifts and jet lag.  It was 5:00 pm Florida time--2:00 pm Oregon time,  I was exhausted but I stayed up until 9:15pm.  My brother was friendly and liked the gifts.  My sister said he was smoozing, that's okay--I don't want fighting.

Unfortunately when I came into the house the cigarette smoke hit me hard.  I have gotten used to it now but still can't take my brother smoking in the kitchen.  If I leave here without a lung or sinus infection it will be a miracle!

Mom and I sat up and talked and she really enjoyed me being there. Today, Joanne and I went to get groceries today and a tablet for her.  We ended up going to two Costcos.  Started out at 10am to Michaels and then to one Costco to find out the tablet we wanted wasn't there and had to go to the other end of Orlando to get the right one....got home at 4pm!

But my sister is happy with her tablet.  This replaced the laptop she got 5 years ago that isn't working.  Wayne and I bought it for her for taking care of mom so well.  To keep the peaceful , I lied to my brother and told him I lent the money to Joanne for the tablet.  Don't need any conflict.

So day one and day two is going well.

No comments:

Post a Comment