Grace helped me pack up ten shoeboxes today for Operation Christmas Child. I'm always amazed at the load of stuff I have collected over the year! Grace was all about making sure each girl received all the gifts. She would comment that the girl that would get the box would love this little bracelet and she would giggle and put it in the box. I'm so glad that she loves doing this every year with me. We usually have a little party but this year, I just don't have the ump to do that and as Grace said, " That's okay, Nana."
Grace filled out the two page questionnaire herself. This year she can read and write well. Her favorite book now is "Harry Potter" which is beyond 1st Grade. There was a question; "I love Jesus because..." Grace's answer was, "He prays for me and you and loves you and me and the world."
Hunter didn't help this year. Grace said it was because it was all "girl stuff" so next year we will do 5 girls and 5 boys.
It was good to have these done. Today was shoeboxes and some Special Olympics stuff. The Special Olympics stuff will not be done until I receive more information from others in that organization. I will feel a lot better once that stuff is done.
Tomorrow is doctor appointment, errands and drop off the shoeboxes day. I am just not into shopping but need to get some things for the trip. One day at a time....


No comments:
Post a Comment