Last night I didn't sleep well at all. I went to bed and read until midnight, fell asleep at 1am and up at 2am, back to sleep at 3:30 and then Mom got up at 5am. I thought something was wrong and got up. I come to find out that that is Mom's regular time to get up.
So, here I am typing at almost 3pm and avoiding an afternoon nap. Hopefully, I sleep tonight. Today, I made a costume for my sister, Joanne's best friend. I set up my brother on FaceBook. He has been frustrated about his kids who don't bother to keep in touch. So, I got him on FaceBook and sent friend requests for both his son and daughter. Hopefully, they accept and can start communication online. He was happy to see that he has access to their photos and past events in their lives. I also set him up for games on Facebook.
Unfortunately, my brother's day is to sleep in until noon or later then sit at the dining room table smoking and staring at the wall, drinking his life away. Sad, I never thought he would give up on life. So, hopefully, this will get him out of the dining room into his room. Mom can't stand him just sitting there that way, so hopefully this will move him to his room where his computer is. Mom's happy about the possibility.
All in all, I have enjoyed my time here. I even have enjoyed my brother's company and noticed he has backed off on his drinking a little. He wants to take me to dinner just us, I told Mom that he can't be drinking, I will only go if he is sober.
Today the conversation was about him dying in two years. So, I asked him if he got his life insurance yet? No was the answer, it's too expensive. I replied that I am not talking about here, I'm talking about heaven or hell. His reply was "I'm going to Hell!" I said that Dad said the same thing but in the last week of his life he accepted Christ. He is in Heaven. Jim laughed and I said even if it is at the last minute, it is still available. Jim knows about salvation, his ex-wife was a Christian and still is. Guess I'll have to double the prayers on him.
I'm missing Wayne and told him we are not going to be separated again like this. He is lonely at home and I hope and pray that Alison and the kids will visit him or invite him over for dinner or something. But I have to focus on where I am now.
No comments:
Post a Comment