Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Volunteer Art Literacy Teacher

The book I will use.
Last week, I volunteered for the Art Literacy Teacher for Grace's class.  It involves going to a workshop three times in the school year to learn a new artist's style and teaching it to the kids.  Part of the workshop was to do our own "artist rendering".  This trimester's artist is Picasso. 

Grace's "Cat Picasso"
My feeble attempt at Picasso
When I told Grace about it, she wanted to do one now!  Since I will teach after I get back from Florida, I figured it would be a good practice for me.  So, Grace loving cats and everything is cats, did a "Cat Picasso".  I love it!


Since the teaching tools that they gave us is more directed to the older students, I ordered the one book that they suggested for the younger kids.  So, I will put this on the back burner until I get back.  I plan on doing some fun interactive artsy stuff because after all, I have my favorite grand-daughter in the class!
Grace's "In Jesus We Trust Church"
And I have to share Grace's drawing that she did.  I love the "In Jesus We Trust" that she  put on the church.  This was a drawing she did without any input from me.




No comments:

Post a Comment