Sunday, November 1, 2015

Sunday

Last night we had a handful of trick or treaters which was fine. My brother sat on the porch handing out candies.  He was drunk but manageable besides I would over hear him with the kids and it was obvious that he loves doing it.  He is so like Dad in mannerisms, attitude and looks.  Now, I understand Mom, she does miss Dad.  She kind of has him in Jim.

Last night Mom had a time getting warm in her bed.  She has two beds in her room, both hospital beds and I sleep on one.  So today I bought her an electric blanket and hope that she is warmer tonight.  Joanne and I went to Kohls and Walmart to get the blanket and look for a bunny for Grace.  Grace only wanted a stuffed bunny from Florida.  Little did I know it is like hunting for a needle in a haystack.  My sister has all her friends looking for this elusive bunny to no avail.  However, the LORD smiled down on us--we found one small one at Walmart!  Now to get a t-shirt for Hunter and I will probably get one for Grace too.

Joanne's best friend works at Universal Studios and Disney World.  So she will get me what I want there with her discount.  I don't want to go anywhere.  I'm here for Mom not sightseeing.

I know now why I packed on the pounds when I was growing up.  Mom has meat and potatoes no veggies, no fruits.  She can't have fruit.  The bread is white bread not whole wheat.  The milk is whole milk.  So, I bought some fruit and a couple of bags of salad.  I might have to buy some whole wheat bread as well.  I'm glad I brought scottish oatmeal....nothing but high sugar cereal here.

Today, I found some old pictures and it was fun going through them with Mom and Jim.  Lots of memories.

So tonight I take out the family to dinner at Red Lobster.  Mom has her presurgery tomorrow.  She has her prep liquid diet and laxatives Tuesday and Wednesday the surgery.

Time marches on. I'm glad I came.

No comments:

Post a Comment