This morning it was 75 degrees and 75% humidity with a little wind so, I braved it and went for a walk. It wasn't too bad as long as I stayed in the shade. There were a lot of squirrels and lizards that crossed my path with no fear. The squirrels love the acorns from the oak trees that line most of my path.
I remember when my Dad would get up at 5:30 am and water the lawn in San Antonio to beat the heat and to feed the squirrels. There was one in particular that would be waiting for him on the porch. He had a name for him but I can't remember.
Walking, I thought it sad that there was only two individuals that were out and about. One old man on a bike and a young man pushing a stroller. No kids outside, nobody doing yard work. Nobody. Sad, this wasn't too bad of a day but everyone is inside. It was so nice to get out and breathe in fresh air with no cigarette smoke, even if it is humid!
Today is Veterans Day and there are no kids outside either. We used to be outside all the time when we were young--it took Mom and Dad three or four times yelling to get us indoors. Now kids are too plugged into their electronics.
Today, my brother is over his spat from yesterday. He is talkative. Just when he gets drunk (which is every day) that he goes ballistic. Mom is finding out that she has pushed herself too much. I had to be the parent and gently tell her that it has only been a week and she needs to let her body heal.
Another day closer to finding out how far the cancer has spread and praying it hasn't...
No comments:
Post a Comment