I went to see Mom today and the white board that the nurse's station has that usually has instructions for them on it had the words, "You Are Loved". That was perfect for me. I went into Mom's room and she was all dressed and ready to go but she said that nurse has to take out this IV thing in my arm.
Usually it is hours before you are discharged after the doctor gives his ok but I went up to her nurse out side of her room and explained that we don't have a ride between 11 and 3--my sister has an event to go to. The nurse did awesome--she made it happen within the hour and we were on the road.
Of course the only thing that Mom said was, "Jim called me last night." She doesn't know that I asked my brother to call her. I told her I got some sleep last night and her remark was what? She forgot that I stayed up with her on the night of the prep-cleansing and the first night of surgery, so I told her.
Sigh, but she got home and lit up her cigarette--that was the main reason she was so cranky, I think!
I made her a cup of tea, she changed her clothes, started the washing, warmed her rice bag and right now is asleep in her recliner. She hardly slept in the hospital.
There was a point in our conversation that she said something mean to me and I told her point blank to stop being mean to me and Joanne....she stopped.
Mom has always said that Jim was her only son to Joanne and Joanne replies that you have two daughters too! But Mom is from the age and country where sons are more valued. It is her but I am not going to give into negative feelings about it, I am pleased to help her now whether she appreciates it or not.
No comments:
Post a Comment