Monday, November 9, 2015

Another Day in Florida

Mom is getting better each day but she is pretty tired by 6pm and goes to bed.  Today, I made chicken pot pie which was ok but she didn't like the vegetables in it--she likes them very mushy.  Sigh, so I made her a TV dinner.  Mom admitted to me that she hates to cook and would rather have TV dinners that she can fix quickly.  So, Joanne took me to Publix and I bought her a bunch of them.

She really doesn't like my cooking and I want her to eat.  Sure, the sodium level is high in TV dinners but if she limits herself to one a day, at least she is eating.  Joanne says there are days when she just has cereal and that's all.  My brother was concerned about the salt but like I told him, at least she is eating and she needs to put on weight.  Joanne was telling me that he would eat all of the TV dinners.  So, I told him that any TV dinners in the frig now and when I leave are for Mom.

Jim has really been civil.  He keeps the air conditioning at 68 not 66 like I asked. He's been taking out the trash, doing some washing and making his own coffee to Mom's surprise.  Joanne says he will go back to his old self when I leave.  I don't know but I do know that there is friction between Jim and Joanne.  I've had some good conversations with him--mostly reminiscing about things we did as kids.  Thursday, he is taking me to Outback for lunch. I am going to have a serious conversation about Mom.  I do think he cares for her but alot of the time, he can't see past himself.

I know now why I have a problem with my weight. Mom has the same food I had when I was growing up.  I've had to bring in vegetables, fruits and whole grain products in order to at least attempt to eat good. I know the weight is coming on.  It is just sweets, meat and potatoes here.  White carbs and take out.  I have finally decided that I will have to work double time when I get home.  It's too hot and humid even at 6am! It's been 91 for five days! I have been doing an hour on the portable bike pedal floor model....better than nothing!

I am looking forward to the grandkids skyping me tonight--can't wait to see and hear from them!


No comments:

Post a Comment