I have to post when I get back what I had for yesterday. Somehow I can't cut and paste from the Word Document that I saved it in.
Well, Mom is a little sore--the pain medicine that they injected in her abdomen wore off. She has done remarkable in the past days. She is able to walk with a cane and her attitude has gotten a lot better...she even apologized for her meanness to me in the hospital. She has a good appetite and hasn't taken anything for pain.
So, I sit with her all day and watch movies or Fox News. I get things for her, make her meals, help her up and other things. I don't dare go for a walk because there is no one with her--my brother and sister are asleep in the morning when it is bearable to go for a walk outside. Today, I found a small floor pedal machine that allows me to "bicycle" with out a bike. I have to do something, my knee is getting stiff.
I have noticed the patterns of my family now. Mom watches TV and when she is better she will putt around the house and clean here and there. My brother gets up after noon and sits at the small table next to the kitchen counter, smokes his cigarettes, drinks his beer and stares at the wall--all day. What a waste, I never thought that he would be like this. Lately he will go into his room and do the same routine. He does this because the smoke irritates my lungs. He doesn't have to but I am glad he does it.
My sister is gone most of the day--she has clubs she belongs to and BINGO. When she does come home, she stays in her room, watches her TV, talks on the phone, smokes and coughs. Her breathing is worse than my brother. She tells me this way, she stays out of trouble.
How did this family come to this? Sad. So sad. I am here one more week and a couple of days. There is nothing I can do to change this. At least I've been a help to Mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment