Sunday, November 1, 2015

Progress

My brother insists on my Mom and sister keeping the house at 66 degrees.  Since Mom has no fat on her, she sits in her chair in the livingroom freezing.  I brought Mom a gift from one of my coaches--a rice bag.  I heat it up in the microwave and Mom loves it on her back.  Annie, my daughter's mom-in-law made a throw for her.  I have been wearing a sweater to keep warm.

Wayne told me that I need to shut off the vent above my Mom's chair which I did and another thing I could do is change the filter. Well, I asked my brother when it was last changed and he said it probably needs it.  Then he said it's supposed to last three months.  To which I said that he keeps it at a below normal setting and it is working double time to keep that temperature. He told me that he'd get a new one but not the $25 one they recommend, the $7 one.  I told him that he needs to get the right one and it is Mom's money anyways.  I walked away from the conversation and went in the living room.  No sense of escalating this.

So, Jim came into the living room later and asked, "Would a smokeless ashtray work?"  He was referring to the fact I can't breath when he is smoking in the kitchen.  For him to even consider that was a big thing (but somehow I think Mom will be paying for it).

Before we went to dinner, I had the next door neighbor take our picture. I told my brother to get out front, we are taking a family picture to which he replied, "does that include me?"  "Of course--you are part of this family, why wouldn't you?" I responded.  So we took our picture.  I can't load it on my tablet into this blog, so I will have to wait until I return to Florida.

So, we went to dinner.  I ate crab cakes, Brussels sprouts and wild rice....not bad.  And we went to the grocery store and I got skim milk, fruit, whole wheat bread and bran cereal.  Sigh, I can't eat like I did when I lived here.

We got home and I looked at the thermostat and it wasn't 66 degrees--it was 68 degrees! Two degrees ain't much but it is a big deal with my brother and I'll appreciate it.  Keep those prayers coming--they are working!

No comments:

Post a Comment