It's been awhile since I got back from Florida. I had been prepared for my mom not surviving the surgery but I am so thankful that the LORD blessed us with her not only making it but recovering well and there is no sign of the cancer! There is a 25% chance of it coming back but we will take the 75% chance of it not coming back!
Friday, November 13th, Mom had her appointment with her surgeon to find out the results of her biopsies. Friday the 13th! Oh well, we got the good news and I heard something from my Mom's mouth I thought I'd never hear: the words, "Praise the LORD!".
Even though I was prepared in every way for Mom's results, I wasn't prepared for what the LORD revealed to me through my brother. Yes, he was on his best behavior (but had a couple of bad moments). I had attempted to witness to my brother. His response was he told me that he was an atheist and that the reason why would really upset me. I did get it out of him why. He told me about an event that happened to him in Heidelberg when he was 13, I was 18. I am not going into the details but it involved a Catholic Priest who ruined my brother as far as any faith goes. Jim told me that I had abandoned him and that if I wasn't so into my life then that I would have prevented what happened. I was in shock. All I could say was I was sorry for not being there. I was struggling as a teenager in a new school and trying to fit in that I didn't see what he was going through.
I shared a similar event that happened to me in Arkansas at the elementary school with a drunk janitor. He agreed we both had a life event that traumatized us. I can't change the past, I can only move on. He hasn't but he has been seeking counseling. However, he has a hatred for any priest and the Christian faith. I love him, I hate what he is doing but I know that Jesus loves him too. I will continue to pray for him for healing--emotional and spiritual.
No comments:
Post a Comment