- lunch with Alison....really spending any time with her!
- hearing good news from Leslea & Bob or just them calling and saying "Hi".
- Christmas with family
- seeing Hunter read then draw what he learned
- driving Hunter and Grace to school and back—the conversations are priceless!
- watching Despicable Me 2 with my grandkids—love their laughs!
- doing crafts with Grace…..endless crafts--it is an aerobic event!
- Grace’s & Hunter’s drawings
- Grace’s smile and Hunter's grins
- Hunter telling me endless information about everything
- morning hugs given by Hunter and Grace when they come to our house
- making up stories before we fall asleep when Hunter and Grace spend the night and listening to their made up stories too
- driving with Misha in front seat (riding "shotgun")--she is a little spoilt
- bringing Misha on our walks and her showing us the way
- how Misha is so much like a little person and knows what “w-a-l-k” spells J
- when Hunter and Grace call me “Nana”
- when other kids call me “Nana”
- posting pictures on Facebook and seeing the kids on Facebook
- warm socks—Carnhart Women's Cold Weather are my favorite but love the fuzzy warm socks that are just for pampering...I love having my feet warm!
- pedicures--the ultimate relaxation-happy feet!
- having a nice warm cup of tea especially my “special tea” that the grandkids make delivered with kisses.
- Wayne waking me up in the morning with a cup of tea he makes and brings to me in bed
- nice long walks holding hands with Wayne--especially Volkswalks!
- having the neighbor kids over to make crafts
- Lindt chocolate
- Cadbury chocolate…heck, any chocolate!
- reading James Patterson books and other suspense drama books
- reading non-fiction books (Hunter and I agree on this one!)
- watching suspense and drama movies cuddled up on the couch
- an occasional movie date
- spending time with my Special Olympics athletes. Listening to them tell about their week.
- drawing, illustration….even just doodling which I need to do more often
- writing--I do enjoy it but fight doing it
- hot baths with scented bath salts and candlelight
- getting together with friends I haven’t seen in awhile
- organizing …. I’m OCD on this!
- sitting, sipping hot chocolate with my feet up watching the lights on the Christmas tree with my cats on my lap
- watching everyone open gifts Christmas morning
- how Wayne is like a little kid when he dresses up as Santa for the kids
- letters, cards…emails just saying that someone cares
- making my annual Christmas card featuring the kids and the cats
Saturday, December 14, 2013
A Few of My Favorite Things
Today I have had the song from the "Sound of Music"--"My Favorite Things" playing in my head most of the day so, I thought I would make my own list of my favorite things. I found that only a handful are material items--my favorite things cannot be bought which makes them more priceless to me. The top ones are spending time with the LORD through prayer and my Bible study and spending times with my family and friends. Here are the rest and not in any particular order:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment