Friday, December 13, 2013

My New Tekkie Toy!

I love tekkie stuff--I am not talking Star Trek here!  I love computerized items.  I bought myself a Flex Fitbit.  It is a band that you wear which tracks your activities including sleep.  It syncs to my cell phone and my computer--probably my tablet too but I didn't do that yet.

It is amazing how this little thing is capable of accountability on my exercise.  After my surgery, I will use it to get back to my exercise program I had months ago--I can't wait! I want to be able to exercise without pain.

After spending awhile getting it going, I had my first sleep with it last night. Since I don't wear anything on my wrists when I sleep--it took awhile to get used to having it on.  Fortunately, it is on my left wrist which made it easier to adapt.

This morning, the band automatically synced with my cellphone and I was surprised at my sleep patterns. I woke 6 times and was awake 11 minutes.  I spent 49 minutes restless (20 events). My biggest chunk of sleep was just before I woke at 7:30 am.  My sleep pattern lasted 9 hours and 11 minutes.

Interesting sleep patterns.  Maybe it could be my strange dreams.  Well, at least that pattern doesn't change.  I had two disturbing dreams.  One I don't want to talk about and I pray it doesn't happen.  The other one is one that repeats in various forms.  It is about the first days of school in a different location, reminiscence of my childhood.  We moved so much and I had to start a new school late.

The dreams reveal my anxieties of starting all over and fitting in.  Of all my memories this is one of the worse. All those emotions form nightmares for me even at this age.  You would think my mind would forget it and move on but it doesn't.  I am grateful that Alison didn't have to go through that growing up and I pray that Hunter and Grace won't have to either.

If I could just erase them, I would maybe get a restful sleep.  However, they are a part of me.  Don't know why I still have them but I am sure that the good LORD has a purpose, so, I will just accept that and try to sleep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment