Saturday, December 21, 2013

My Second Christmas Gift

My second Christmas present came last night. It was Grace’s Christmas Program.  She was excited about it all day!  She whispered me her Bible verse from Luke 2:10: “Do not be afraid, for I bring you good news of great joy!” …that was all she was to share about what was going to happen in her program. “It’s a secret, Nana!” was all she said.

Hunter's opinion of Christmas Programs
Princess Wave
After Hunter’s sing-a-long and having the kids for the day, I was beat but nothing and I mean nothing was going to keep me from seeing my grand-daughter perform.  As the time approached her excitement built.  She told me that Papa had said he would make it for her program—he will be there.  I was praying that was true but no one seemed to know if he would except her.

We arrived at the church early since I was determined to find a semi-comfortable spot to rest my leg without it being a battering post for everyone climbing over us for a seat.  We found great seats and saved some for the rest of the family.  Good thing we did—the room filled up fast!

Alison got there just on time. In came her and the kids and….Larry!  Thank You LORD!  The big smile on Grace’s face said it all—“Told you so!” She was so happy!

Hunter sat next to me for awhile. Earlier in the day I asked him if would because I haven’t been with him much since my surgery.  When he sat next to me I was delighted. Then he gave me a big hug and love and kissed my shoulder, I was floating in the clouds!

Grace went up front with her group.  The first group was performing when Hunter wanted to sit in the aisle next to me (I was on the last chair on the aisle).  He was so good about being quiet and when his sister performed he just grinned with pride!

Grace did an awesome job.  First she and the others gave waves….but hers of course was her “best princess” wave!  No shyness here!  They sung two songs and recited their verse then went to sit with their parents.  Grace scrambled to get to her Mama and Papa bursting with pride of her performance! 
All the kids were given a candy can pen and she proudly showed it to Mama and Papa….Papa teasingly tried to steal it from her!  She was enjoying every minute sitting on her Papa’s lap.

Papa-it's mine!
When the program was over, so was I.  My leg ached and both Wayne and I needed food.  So we told Alison and Larry we were going to dinner and was quite surprised and elated that they would join us!  We had a pleasant dinner with both of them and the kids. 

It is so nice to see them as a happy family. I know it has been a rocky past but there in that moment those bad memories were far away and I just drank in everyone’s happiness.  I pray that this will be the start of many wonderful family memories to come with His healing Hand touching their lives. 


Another wonderful Christmas memory for me to hold onto.  Yes, Grace was right: “Do not be afraid, for I bring you good news of great joy!” Luke 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment