When I switched health insurances, I changed my doctor to
Wayne’s doctor. He quickly assessed that
I had a torn meniscus that really needed repair. To add to it, the tear was balled up under my
knee cap which could explain why I can't put my leg up on the ottoman
without pain and feeling like the whole cap would pop!
I saw a surgeon and my surgery set for December 16. Since insurance is so wishy washy now, I
wanted this done before the end of the year.
I figured I would be back on my feet in two weeks like Wayne was—I didn’t
factor in this %$&!@ brace!
![]() |
| "The Brace" |
The lady was pretty quiet—her husband did enough
talking. He was concerned about her and
wanted to be informed of everything that was going on. He wasn’t being informed enough and finally
someone came in and satisfied his questions. His wife had been in before and
went she went under, she lost some of her memory, hence, his concern.
The drama of the two patients actually calmed me down. I was more concerned with them then my stress. Wayne was sitting next to me all the time
being quiet too. He has been super with
this whole thing. The lady next to me went for her colonoscopy and came
back. They gave her something different
to wake her up quickly. Her memory
seemed intact with all the questions she answered. The grumpy man had already left and wasn’t
back. I think they took him early to
quiet him.
Some guy came in and
fitted a brace on me for after the surgery and gave me some crutches. Strange,
Wayne never got crutches and a brace. We
chalked it up to different surgeons. Time went by quickly and then a large
black man who actually looked like the Obama fake deaf interpreter (at the
funeral in Kenya).
So off I went to the surgery. On the way I saw the lady’s
husband standing in the hallway. He
asked about his wife, the intern said she was in her room and he could go back
there. I said that she is doing fine; he gave me a smile and headed back.
My stress soon escalated and Wayne said my rosacea was in
full bloom! He kissed me and I went into the surgery area where he couldn’t go. The black intern was making me laugh—good strategy. I was wheeled next to the grumpy guy
(separated by the curtain but I knew his voice!) Grumpy was looped on drugs when the black
intern looked in on him. Grumpy saw him
and with drugged slurred speech said, “You’re ok, you know that ? You’re ok,
man!”
The intern came to my side and said that Grumpy was out of
it. I told him that I know him from the
previous room, just like the lady’s husband.
He laughed and said “We’re going to call you Mrs. Rogers!” “You know
everyone!” He continued with the jokes…..it wasn’t working any more. I needed drugs!
The anesthesiologist came and gave me something for nerves
and it was seconds before it worked. I
woke up and everything was done. I don’t
remember much after that and maybe that’s good.
They kept giving me pain meds.
I am looking forward to walking without this brace!!! I tire easily but I think that that is my
medication. Tonight, I am just taking
Aleve because later this week I want my driving back! And with that, my
freedom!


No comments:
Post a Comment