Friday, July 13, 2012

Birthday Week


Ok, I am far behind in my blog. Sigh, it has been a busy week!  Last weekend I had an awesome weekend with Larry, Alison and the kids!  We stopped at Discovery Village in Salem.  The kids loved it and so did we!  After that we went to the beach and stayed overnight at Taft Beach.  It was great because I hardly ever get to interact with Larry and this weekend we did just that.  I climbed rocks with Hunter and sat and drank wine with Alison and shared Doritos with Grace.  The weather was beautiful and we had such a great time.  

As I grow older, I find that time is the best present!  I love spending time with family and I love the beach—a perfect combination for a gift!  Thanks Larry and Alison for the wonderful memories!

Wayne and I went back to our favorite spot on the beach on Wednesday, my actual birthday.  The weather was nice with a bit of wind.  The hotel knew it was my birthday and had two wine glasses and sparkling apple cider waiting in our room.  I love the Elizabeth St. Inn!  And always at 8pm they have homemade chocolate chip cookies.  We had a fireplace going and a hot tub in our room! We slept with the patio door open with the smell and sound of the ocean.   No wonder it is our favorite place!

I was touched by the 30 of my Face Book friends who took time to wish me a Happy Birthday. Alison texted me.  Ardis, my former mom-in-law, my sister, Leslea, and my best friend, Jeannie all called to wish me a happy day.   

Although I felt so blessed for all of them but unfortunately, I was saddened because the one person who I wanted to hear from never called….my mom.   Ok, she sent a card and so did my sister but one thing I have always asked her is to call me on my birthday.  I don’t need gifts, just a call.  I used to call her until my sister got a cell phone then calling me was free.  And it is still free.   Joanne called just before we left, and I waited thinking mom would do the same.  Sigh.

I guess I shouldn’t feel down.  She is 85 years old and probably just forgot—I hate making excuses.  I need to focus on those who did remember me—I am still blessed.   I pray I never forget Alison’s, Melissa's or Leslea's birthday or other family members’ birthdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment