Sunday, July 29, 2012

Life Taking Another Direction

Yesterday, Wayne came home and announced he had been laid off.  My first reaction was for him.  A job is important in a lot of ways for a man.  He was depressed about it and though he tried to be upbeat that if work came in, they would hire him back, he didn't fool me. Financially, we are okay.  We both saw this coming months ago when work slowed down and he would come home early.

We slowed down our spending and increased our saving which wasn't easy with the heat pump and refrigerator dying on us.  We stocked up on food and cut way back.  I .still have my retirement and we really were just living on that.  Wayne's checks went to pay down the principal on the house and for particulars that weren't really necessities.  So, I think we will be fine.  I will put off trying to pay off the house in 2014.  We only owe $35,000 on it and at least we have equity if things get bad.

I have always put aside for a rainy day--been that way since I became a single parent way back in 1977.  It has served me well.  I know that the Lord will see us through this dry spell.  I am praying that work will return and Wayne can go back to MII.  He loves it there and they want him back.  A lot is dependent on who gets elected in the Fall.  If Obama gets elected, things will worsen, that I know.

I had to read my hubby the rules of the house--he will not spend all his time watching cowboy movies!  That will drive me insane!  He assured me that there is plenty for him to do around the house--I totally agree.  We have put off the "Honey Do List" for a long time!

Wayne's boss will let him come in weekly and use the computer software to get his Solid Works Software Administrator license which will make him more employable.

We have started the habit of morning walking together.  I need it for my knee and weight and he needs it for his back.  It is good to spend time with him like this.  It also helps with the stress of him not working.

This morning I read the Psalms,  particularly the one that says "Be Still and know that I am God".  He is in control, we are along for the ride.  I have to trust Him that things will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment