Sunday, July 15, 2012

Jello Sunday

Today was like a bowl of jello that wouldn't set.  No matter what I tried it just didn't jell.  The only thing that went right was my morning Bible Study.  After that point, everything I tried to do just didn't happen well.  I was going to just sit and read all day--looking back, I think that I should have done that.

My first project was ravioli.  I have a Kitchenaid Mixer with a pasta roller and ravioli attachment.  I made the meat mixture for the ravioli which came out delish!  At least that came out.  I proceeded with the pasta from scratch.  I accidentally put twice the olive oil in the dough.  I didn't use fresh flour and the dough wasn't that elastic but still I tried to make it work through the pasta roller.  Foolish to say the least, it was a total flop--the dough has a new home in the trash bin.

Second project was making a rug like Edna made.  This is the fabric I bought as a substitute for wool.  I fortunately only used three small strips of the material ( 1 1/2 x 45) and didn't use all the material.  I was doing a prototype.  Right idea, wrong material.  Oh well, I have a round trivet for a hot plate--not a total waste.  And I have some material to make pajamas.

Tomorrow, I will take up the ravioli pasta once again--new recipe that doesn't have oil in it.  The rug has to wait until Fall since wool right now is not available.  Good winter project.  I am not going to start another project--the third time is not a charm!

Looks like reading my new James Patterson book is the solution to my loose Jello-type of day!






No comments:

Post a Comment