It’s been forever since I have seen Ardis. She called me on my birthday to wish me happy
birthday and say that I was on her mind a lot.
I told her that I’ll come by that week and I was anxious to see you as
well. I have tried to keep in contact
with her in the past and haven’t done a good job. Lately, I have learned the value of keeping
in touch with family and friends. Today,
I had a long list of things to do but I was not going to cancel this meeting or
my afternoon meeting with Jeannie.
My visit was nice but unfortunately, I could only stay for
an hour in order to get to my meeting with Jeannie. Boy, Gary sure looks like his mom! She has aged and lost weight but was in good
spirits. She keeps busy in her yard and
garden. A college gal is staying with
her which I was glad to hear. She is a
relative on her sister’s side. She
pays a little rent but also cooks and cleans for Ardis—a great deal for both.
Of course she asked about Alison, Larry and the grandkids. I showed her pictures of Hunter and Grace and
promised to send some to her email address.
She asked about my mom—which I gave her the Reader’s Digest
version. I will go back and visit her
again; I have missed talking to her. She was good to me during and
after my marriage to Gary.
Next was Jeannie. We
met at Bugattis. I love seeing her. She has been an awesome friend through thick
and thin. We are opposites on politics
and religion but we respect each other’s differences and that makes our
friendship work. We laughed so
much. I forget how much I enjoy her
company. She has always been truthful to
the point of pain to me but I love her for it.
Jeannie looks tired and stressed. The college isn’t a pleasant a place to
work now and she can’t retire because her husband took out a loan for his
shop. I worry about her and pray things
work out for her but most of all I pray she come to know the Lord. We don't meet as often as we should but we both understand our schedules are sometimes too crazy. I know that if I was in trouble or in the hospital, she would be right there by my side and vice versa.
Although I ran myself ragged today going to Joann’s (twice),
Costco, Michaels, and Fred Meyers—there was only two events that I will
treasure from today.
No comments:
Post a Comment