Wednesday I had to babysit at the kids' house. Love my time with them! When Grace took her nap she told me that the rules were that she could sleep on the couch. Fine, I can handle that. Hunter went in Mama's and Papa's room to lay on the bed and play with my Kindle. Since I was tired, I thought I would join Grace on the couch opposite her.
Immediately, she propped up her head and said, "Nana, tell me a story, please!"
The first time she spent the night with us, I laid down with her in her bed at our house. She wanted a story so, I made one up. Of course the story just happened to have a little girl named, Grace and her brother, Hunter. And of course the story reflected what we did that day in a storybook setting. Amazingly, there were cats and a dog named Lucy, Kramer, and Meesha. Sometimes Sam and Olivia (my cats) showed up as well.
I would weave my story and then finally when I ran out of ideas, I said "The End". At that time, Grace would tell "her story" to me. It was strangely like mine but with a "Nana" added to the list of characters. Her imagination is really good. She would change a few things, add some things and then say, "The End!"
So, every time she spends the night we have a ritual. It reminds me a little of her mom when she was young. I would read a story then she got too big for that. At that time, I would just lay down on her bed and she would tell me about her day--I loved those times! I always looked forward that that moment in time when she shared with me.
Now, I love the "stories" with my grand-daughter and who knows maybe one day she might let me lay down on her bed while she shares her day with me. That would be awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment