Monday, January 28, 2013

AMEN!

I got a call early this morning from Alison on the land phone--she never calls on the land phone, so I wondered what was wrong.  She was noticeably distraught.  Larry went to the ER with chest pains.  She wanted to know if I could watch the kids.  Didn't take me too long to throw some clothes on and drive over there praying all the way for Larry. 

Now, I always pray every night for Alison, Hunter, Grace, Leslea, Larry and Bob.  I also pray during the day if one of them come to mind.  I love my sons-in-laws and the best thing I can do for them is pray for them for protection, guidance, and more.

Hunter had school at 8:40 that morning so, we had to leave early to get to Canby.  I was on my knees putting on Hunter's coat when I told Grace and him that we need to pray for Papa.  Hunter immediately put his hands together and bowed his head.  Grace stood by and bowed her head.  I am not one for group prayer.  This was my very first time actually participating much less leading prayer with others.  I would say a sentence, Hunter would repeat it.  We asked that the LORD be with Papa and make him well and give him rest.  Keep it simple with two young'ns...at least I thought.  When we were done praying I said, "Amen!"

Hunter looked at me and with a puzzled look on his face asked me, "Nana, who is this guy "Amen?"  I had to burst out laughing.  He repeated his question and, "Nana, I don't know any guy named Amen!"  I needed a laugh and my dear grandson provided it. 

Yes, I explained that "Amen" is like "The End" for prayers.  Keep it simple :)

No comments:

Post a Comment