Friday, January 11, 2013

Blessings Jar


Last Sunday, we came home with a "Blessings Jar".  They were handing them out at church.  The idea is to write down the blessing(s) that the LORD gives you daily and put it in the jar.  I added the little rooster on top--it is from Grace's Birthday cupcakes that she had on Tuesday.

I love the idea!  There are blessings in every day, we just have to make sure that we don't get so busy and miss them.  I have been fairly consistent with writing them down and putting them into the jar but I can see that it is easy to not follow through.  The "Tyranny of the Urgent" takes over our life so quickly.  We all get busy with the "fire" of the moment.  I have had several of those moments even in retirement. 

So, time to commit to look for the blessing in the day--oops, come to think of it, I haven't added today's blessing to the jar!

No comments:

Post a Comment