Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Grace's Preschool Birthday Celebration



Our Grace celebrated her 4th birthday at preschool today!  Mom bought frosted cupcakes and I brought them with Grace in the morning.  All the girls were sitting at the "girls" table and the boys at the "boys" table.  Once they all settled, the teachers brought in the tiny pitchers of water and napkins.  Each table had a small pitcher of water.  Grace poured for all on her table and didn't spill water until the last cup.  Oh well, it is only water one of the teachers said, we are used to it.  After mopping up, it was time for the cupcakes.  Grace was so excited about it!  She was quick to help Mrs. Bird.  The first cupcake was for Grace and oh my goodness, it did a nose dive!  Grace caught it and didn't mind the frosting on her fingers--yumm!

After that she did much better.  The cupcakes went to the girls first, Grace wasn't that sure that the boys should have it.  I did notice her look--like she was thinking, "I am being nice, don't let it go to your head!"  She is shy when it comes to the boys, but I noticed some of the girls were the same way.

They all loved the cupcakes and Grace was happy that there were two left--one for Hunter and one for Gramps.  She promised to save one for each of them.

The class sung "Happy Birthday, Grace" and then they went to the playground to burn off the sugar.


I was so blessed to be able to be there.  It would be better if Alison was but it is understandable.  I remember all the times I didn't make it to her birthday gatherings at school and day care.  I wish I
could have made it but it was impossible to leave my job.

So, I am praying that when Alison becomes a Nana or Grandma that she too will have the honor of substituting for mom.  Thanks, daughter for giving me the joy of this day!



Watch Out World, Grace is 4!!









.





No comments:

Post a Comment