Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Gift 5-Clay Time with My Grandkids


Before painting
I had the kids over on Sunday to do their Christmas gifts for their teachers and their parents.  Every year we do something artsy.  This year, I pulled out my clay tools that have been collecting dust, bought some clay and we made ceramic owl ornaments.  I found an air dry clay that works really well!  Grace made some other ornaments and items.  Hunter made what he calls "Christmas Worms".  What can I say--he's a boy!  He gave them to me and I told him that I will be showing his children these beauties!

I was amazed how Grace really got into the clay.  She loved working with it and made a bowl using coils that she rolled.  She figured out how to do it so she got a bowl.  For one of her Christmas gifts, I got her a battery operated child's pottery wheel.  I'm sure she will get a lot of use out of it.

It feels me with pride when these two do artwork an are happy with the results.  It is wonderful spending this quality time with them!


Grace's Owl for Gramps & Nana


Hunter's Owl for Gramps & Nana


Hunter's "Christmas Worms"


Grace made her bowl by herself-she figured out how.

Hunter using the clay extruder-he loves mechanical things!


I think I may have an artist here

No comments:

Post a Comment