Yesterday, I finished all my Christmas stuff...no more gifts, decorations, etc. One possible party to go to next week and Christmas Eve Breakfast with the family. My hope this year was a gift to myself to be able to sit and enjoy the peace of Christmas. I always rush through Christmas and miss the whole reason for the season. I always feel exhausted and regret that the season went so quick.
Lately, I bought a "Journaling Bible". It is a Bible with large margins where you can draw illustrations of verses, color them and really turn your Bible into a beautiful art praise. I wanted to do this for awhile and finally got some art supplies together and bought the Bible and started.
So, yesterday I sat on the couch and began my fourth illustration in this Book. I keep my Bible and supplies on the couch so I can't ignore this time. Colored pens and markers in hand. The verse was in Psalms--"Trust the LORD and do good". I did the verse plus flowers, birds and butterflies. Colored the images. It is an escape and praise at the same time. I love this time.
When I was done, I looked up and saw the lights on my Christmas tree, the lights and stockings on the fireplace and wreath above it and just exhaled. I was caught up in the peacefulness of it all. A celebration of His Peace. I felt so relaxed and warm that I just sat there and got lost it in all. A reminder that He came to Earth to give us Hope.
My first gift of Christmas wrapped up in His Love--His Peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment