Unfortunately for Wayne, he was sick with the stomach flu today and spent most of the day in bed. As for me, I feel fine for now. I almost got up at 5 this morning but resisted and finally fell back asleep until 8am. I went to the gym and did my 40 minutes of strength training reducing my weights. Tuesday I had too much weight on the machines and my knee paid the price. It feels so good to get back into my workout routine.
This afternoon I did something that I usually reserve for that hour or half hour before I fall asleep--I read! I love reading and to give myself an hour to read in the day is just unheard of for me. I have five books that I am reading at the same time. I ordered one yesterday and read a chapter on my Kindle as a sample. I prefer non-fiction in hard back form and fiction on my Kindle. However, I had two books on my Kindle that I put there because I was down in Florida when I could read them. Books weigh more in the suitcase than on a Kindle.
Today I read a couple of chapters in "Imagine Heaven: Near Death Experiences and God's Promises", Billy Graham: "Where I Am", and "The Emmaus Code by David Limbaugh. I am half way through the first two and just started on the last. "The Emmaus Code" is about how the Old Testament has references of Christ. I find that fascinating.
The TV was off and the Christmas lights were on. I curled up on the recliner with my cat, Olivia on my lap and read. It was wonderful not to feel rushed or guilty of this unique pleasure. I love books and enjoyed this gift of time to just lose myself in them.
No comments:
Post a Comment