Friday, December 18, 2015

Teaching Picasso in Kindergarten


Rowan with his Picasso
I was asked if I could teach the art lesson to the Kindergarten class that Wayne volunteers in.  Of course, I said, "Yes!'.  Tiffany, the teacher, was Grace's Kindergarten teacher and we got to know her well. 

All the kids didn't know me until I told them that I was "Gramp's (Wayne) Nana".  Then smiles popped up.  Wayne is known as Gramps and he tells them about me--hopefully good things!

The kids were fantastic and really interacted with my story about Pablo but really shined when it was their turn to make their own Picassos.

Rowan is in a wheelchair and is special needs but that didn't stop him from participating which he did with vigor!

Morgan and Nathan are two of the kids who Wayne spends one to one in reading.  They adore him and it shows.  Morgan's sister, Ellie was in Grace's Kindergarten class.  Their dad is a single parent and found work in California.  It is bittersweet to see them move.  I took pictures of each of the kids, a class photo and a bookmark with their picture on it.  I gave Tiffany Morgan's pictures and bookmark so that he can take it with him to California--along with a picture of Gramps and him.  Ellie has a picture of the three of us from last year's Grandparents Day when we "adopted" her for the day.

I matted all the paintings along with their picture and name to put in the hall.  Morgan took his home with him today.

I thoroughly enjoy teaching kids about art!  There are two more artists this year and I will teach about them to both Grace's 1st Grade class and Tiffany's Kindergarten--can't wait!

Morgan and his Picasso
future Picassos!

Wayne and Nathan


Wayne and Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment