Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Bowling with Hunter!
Hunter has been asking to go bowling but our schedule with Special Olympics has made it difficult to do. Today, we were driving to school and Hunter brought up the subject and he asked me if I could come by his house and maybe we could have a "Nana & Me" time. I was elated that he brought it up. I told him that Mama would need to ok it. He said she said it would be ok. I told him that I would have to check on that and maybe we could do it soon.
After lunch, Hunter brought up bowling again. I thought, why not today? Grace hasn't been taking naps so, she might be open to it. Wayne unfortunately has a pain in his knee and he can barely walk so, he will have to sit and wait for us to finish.
So off we go to the bowling alley. Within a block of the bowling alley, Grace fell asleep. Out cold! When we got to the alley, Wayne stayed out in the car with a sleeping Grace. Hunter and I went in and had the time all to ourselves! I talked Hunter into bowling without the ramp but use the bumpers. He was open to that and I showed him how to roll the ball. He did well.
Hunter usually has a meltdown when he loses but he was great. I told him that this is practice not competition and he was good with that. I didn't do that bad the first four frames--I had either a spare or strike in each and then....my knee reminded me that it doesn't like this kind of movement. I went downhill fast--that God for bumpers. I finished 125, Hunter 85.
Hunter was so entertaining bowling. He would lay down on the lane and eye the bowling ball with pins like a golf shot. When he bowled he would squat down or lean over in a squat waiting for the pins to go down. I had to hold back my laughter!
We high fived each other and had an awesome time. Grace and Wayne appeared when we finished our first game. Grace didn't like the bowling shoes and their color so, I told her she couldn't bowl without wearing them. Grace decided fashion was more important and sat this one out. But she kept track of the score for Hunter and gave him his milk every time he bowled--for energy she said!
We all had a great time and Nana and Hunter had their "Nana & Me time"!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment