Thursday, November 29, 2012

Lunch with Jeannie

Today, I had a late lunch with Jeannie, my best friend.  Jeannie and I have been friends for over ten years maybe more.  I treasure her because she is so honest and not afraid to tell me when I am wrong.  She has been gifted with a keen counseling mind.  She can access a situation, take it apart and give a handful of possible solutions.

Jeannie and I meet every month--or we try to but life gets in our way sometimes.  We were talking about things when she observed that something seemed to be getting me down.  She remarked that it was upsetting to her to see me this way.  I really didn't think I was down about anything but Dr. J picked up on it quickly.  I was hiding it for so long that I accepted it as part of my life.

I felt better after an hour unloading the burden that I had been carrying.  Another thing that I love about her is that she doesn't take me on a guilt trip about taking up so much time with my issues.  We normally don't discuss such issues but when either one of us do, the one without the issue listens and offers counseling.  We are a great team.  We are a heck of a lot cheaper than paying a psychologist!

Jeannie accepts me with my faults, no one is perfect.  We all have our faults, those things that bug some people.  Her advice: people get a life!  Accept each other faults and all.  Jeannie isn't a Christ follower but if she was, I am sure that she would reaffirm the scripture that says (ad libbing here) that you shouldn't judge your neighbor for his shortcomings until you deal with the 2x4 that is in your eye!

Good advice!

No comments:

Post a Comment