Friday I had tea with Pam at The Place To Be. I have known Pam longer than Jeannie and consider her a sister in Christ. Pam was there through all the tears and depression I had when I was married to Gary. She was always there with a shoulder to cry on. We had good times together as well--camping at Tadmor and serving at Awana among alot more. We were the best of friends then until the divorce.
Pam wasn't like the "friends" who disowned me during that time. She didn't condone my actions but she didn't condemn. She was there waiting for my return; I felt her prayers. When I did return we grew back together. That is true friendship.
Our lives have gotten busier but we try to meet every month for tea. We talk about our kids, our grandkids, anything and everything. It is different from Jeannie because we are sisters in Christ. I keep praying for Jeannie and would rejoice if she became my sister in Christ.
I was delighted that she shared a scripture that she prays for her children their spouses and grandchildren. It inspired me to do the same for mine too. The scripture is Colossians 1:9-14
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you. We continually ask God to fill you with the knowledge of His will through all the wisdom and understanding that the Spirit gives, so that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and please Him in every way; bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to His glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and giving joyful thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of His holy people in the kingdom of light. For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son He loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."
No comments:
Post a Comment