I looked at my food diary for the past couple of weeks and there it WASN'T: veggies and fruits. There were alot of sweets and carbs (and not the right kind). No wonder I felt lethargic and useless. Wayne's blood pressure has been too high--too much salt. I know that I have had far too much too.
When we visited Phyllis and Kit last week, they said that they bought them a Vitamix. They wanted to get away from processed foods. Just what I want to do! It has been a great benefit to their health and also weight. Yes, I need to lose a few pounds but more important to that is my health and energy. Both lately haven't been that great. I am concerned about Wayne's blood pressure too.
So, I researched Vitamix and found that it is definitely worth the extra money from all the reviews! It has a real motor that really holds up and there is a feature that will make hot soup. The friction the motor causes the blades "heats" up the soup in the blender jar. Sweet!
Alison paid off her loan from me and so, we took part of that and marched off to Costco. We stood there listening to the sales pitch show (knowing full well that we would buy it) and it actually was helpful. I don't need to use milk for my smoothies and they taste wonderful. Even with kale and spinach added! What a great way to eat my veggies--I am hoping that the grandkids will agree.
There was a gal there who said she bought hers 40 years ago and it is still going strong! Looks like I will need to put it in the will :)
Wayne was sold as well. I think he knows that if we keep healthy then we will not need to put out money for doctor visits, etc. By not buying the processed foods, we save too! No, I am not going cold turkey on processed foods but I aim to cut my consumption by at least 50%.
Day one, today! Here is my Vitamix full of kale, spinach, orange, carrots, pineapple, kiwi, banana, apple and ice. Yes, I didn't have to cut up the orange or kiwi! It takes seconds to grind it all up, too! This baby is powerful!
Before..... After a few seconds....
The smoothie was great! Sweet but tasty! I gave Wayne some and he actually drank all of it--so, I know it was good. We had an egg prepared for the protein in our breakfast and I was full!
I went for a walk and came home to make lunch--Harvest Cheddar Soup, potatoes, celery, onion, low salt chicken broth, seasonings and cheddar.. It was yummo! It heated up nice and hot in the Vitamix and it was smooth as silk! I think next time I will add broccoli after it is done.
Yes, I am loving this! Tonight, I am having salmon with a dill sauce. The dill sauce I will do in the Vitamix and also some Italian Dressing. Wayne will have chicken since he hates fish. There are so many recipes I can't wait to try in the nice thick cookbook that comes with it! I want to try making my own mayo, ketchup, marinades, dressings, etc. And I love soup but don't like the sodium--there are so many yummy recipes in here for soups. Even bread! There is so much stuff I need to try!!
And to think, I am finally getting my veggies!
No comments:
Post a Comment