Friday, December 21, 2012

Blah day

For some reason, I have the "I don't want to" blah type of day.  Maybe it is post traumatic event syndrome kicking in.  Maybe pre-Christmas stress let down, maybe too much sugar, it could be alot of things.  I wish I had a whole day with energy to stop and deep clean my house.  Seems every time I start, I have to stop.  I am washing the same dishes and cleaning the same stuff every hour--ugh!  A clean house seems to always help pick me up if the grandkids aren't around.

However, tonight is Miss Grace's Christmas program which we are both looking forward to!

This morning, we picked up and dropped off Hunter.  Mrs. Rogers had a nice present and card for Wayne for volunteering his time.  She told us how much the kids love him.  When Wayne gets home, he can't wait to tell me which child he helped.  When he is gone, he is missed and that makes him feel needed and loved.  This unemployment is hard and since he is 61 years old, his chances are poor.  That doesn't help his mood but he hangs in there.  He loves having the kids over.  Hunter and him are putting together a big Lego helicopter.  Grace lets him help her read and do some crafts. 

He has been a great help with the kids since I have been trying to get over this sinus crud.  I am getting used to him being around.  I still get to have my "me" time so, life is good.

Okay, time to get my energy up and go and enjoy seeing my little Grace sing her "secret songs".  She won't tell us what they are but she has been singing bits and pieces here and there. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment