Sunday, December 9, 2012

Two Unexpected Presents

Last Wednesday, I had to take Hunter to his first hockey practice! He has gone through all the basic skating and now is ready! Alison was still at work and Wayne was too sick to go.  I packed up Grace and Hunter and made our way to the Sherwood Ice Rink.  On the way there, Christmas carols were playing on the radio.  We were singing all the way there!  It was a wonderful time and made my Christmas season so special!  Another gift--thank You, LORD!

I remember taking Grace somewhere and one of my favorite praise songs was playing on the radio.  I had the radio volume up when Grace asked me to turn it down.  When I did she said, "That's better, Nana, I can hear you sing now!"  Sigh, I don't have a singing voice but this little one wants to hear it anyways.

I remember when I was in seventh grade, I was in the church choir.  I was happy to be there.  Yet, I guess I didn't realize I didn't have a good singing voice--just the opposite.  One day, my choir director came to my house, I was told that she wanted to talk to Mom alone.  I went in my bedroom but kept the door ajar so I can hear everything.

I was devastated, she wasn't there to tell Mom I was doing well, it was just the opposite. I couldn't believe my ears when I heard her ask Mom to discourage me to sing in the choir--I was not "choir material".  Stab me through the heart!

Well, I adapted to that knowledge, I made it easy for Mom and told her I want to quit choir.


Now, I know that one day my voice will not please my grandchildren.  However, this time in the car singing along with them, I have the voice of an angel but only through their ears.

We made it to hockey and Hunter was so excited!  Mama made it to make sure I had his hockey outfit on correctly. He was one of four young ones (all the same age) and the coach was a real hockey coach which delighted Hunter to no end!  He worked the kids during the practice and Hunter loved it!  So proud of my little guy!

Two gifts: singing in the car and seeing my little guy happy returning to hockey!  The LORD is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment