Christmas Eve means family to me. Alison and Larry come over with the kids. Hunter and Grace are always in pajamas. We have breakfast then Santa comes aka Wayne. Toward the end of breakfast, he excuses himself and goes into the bedroom and changes into a Santa outfit. The outfit is the same one that we used to visit our Special Olympics guys and gals on Christmas. I miss doing that--we will have to figure out how to do it the week before Christmas for them--they loved it.
| Larry laying claim to Hunter's gift :) |
| Grace & her Stompers |
| Grace & Boo |
Hunter got a K-nex building set which Larry loved and played with while the kids opened up the rest of their gifts. When Santa said goodbye, our little doubting Thomas (Hunter Thomas that is) yelled "Don't forget to go to Oregon City, we live there!"
I love watching everyone open their gifts. I don't need gifts, it is a great gift to watch others. Grace after opening several gifts stated that this was the best holiday ever!
Grace loved her Stompez slippers, another gift that she really really wanted. Alison liked the handmade rag rug I made for her.
Hunter and Papa--Hunter climbing into Santa's bag while Papa continues to play.
Even Misha got a gift. I had a chewy bone under the tree unwrapped for her. When they all got there, Misha found her gift and hid it under the table to make sure that no one takes it away. Any time one of the cats got near she growled and put her paw on the bone. I got a picture of her responding to Olivia the cat when she got far to close to her on the couch.
I was thrilled that Larry and Alison and the kids stayed for a long time instead of leaving after opening up gifts. Hunter got to put Legos together, Larry made some structure, Grace did several paintings, Wayne got to interact with them and I got to enjoy all of their company! What a great Chirstmas. Hopefully next year, Leslea, Bob and Scott and Katie will be here too. I can only hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment