The first one I received a couple of weeks ago. It was from my dear friend and adopted Dad, Ken. He gave me small sleigh that he had built. I was delighted when he gave it to me and could see some of the kids' presents in it. One problem: all their gifts are bigger than the sleigh! Then I did something and needed to secure the bottom. Today with bottom secured, it found it's place on the hearth with some Christmas decorations in it. I love the way it looks on the brick with the elf looking down on it. Our personalized stockings hang above it too! Thanks, Pops! Love it and love it more since you made it yourself!
The second gift was a wreath! One of my athlete's mom and sister own a tree farm outside of Oregon City. Jenny, the sister, called me to wish us a Merry Christmas and offered as a gift for all we do for Special Olympics athletes, a free noble fir! I told her that I have my Christmas tree up and my daughter just got hers. I thanked her for the thought. She then offered a wreath. Though I had my wreath up, no one can see it unless they open the door, so, I accepted her gift. Today we went to pick it up. I was really hoping that Roy, her brother and one of my bowlers would be there but sigh, he wasn't. He didn't bowl this year because I had my maximum number of bowlers one week before the registration ended. I really missed Roy and heard that he was devastated that he couldn't bowl. We got our "candy cane wreath" and went home to put it up. Here it is! I love it because when I see it, I think of Roy.The last gift which came with a warm hug and kiss was early this morning. The door bell rang, I opened the door and to my surprise there was Grace holding a dozen red roses and such a big smile. Alison said she picked it out all by herself. Red--Nana's favorite color. I loved it! Larry and Alison were behind her and they all came in for a short while. Larry had a dental appointment and they had to pick up Hunter at school soon. It was good to see Larry back home and I hope that he will be able to be home at Christmas.
It was a pleasant surprise and I loved it. Yes, my house was a mess but it really didn't matter. Before leaving, Grace gave me a big warm hug and kiss. Such a wonderful gift.
Everyday the LORD has made it Christmas for me. Unexpected surprises that warm my spirit. I truly have been blessed this Christmas season.

No comments:
Post a Comment