Today, a horrid massacre of innocents happened. Words can not express the way I feel right now. I am numb, depressed and confused. Twenty Kindergartners lost their lives in a place that is supposed to be safe by a crazed man who had no regard for their life. A senseless act.
I thought immediately of Hunter in his Kindergarten class and texted Larry to give him a big hug for us when he picks him up today. My first reaction was sadness and prayer. My second was anger towards the man who did this. How dare he do this to innocent children! My emotions were on a roller coaster and now I am just numb. This man killed his mom and everyone she loved: her students and her husband. Why? We can speculate all we want but it comes down to it is a senseless horrid act.
Some ask, "Where is God in this, why did He allow this to happen? However, I ask and know the answer, "Where is Satan in all this?" Satan delights in the sorrow while God grieves. Evil abound today. Satan is the one whispering "Where is your God in this?" Using the emotions to his advantage.
I don't understand the "why" this man did this or why the LORD allowed it to happen. I think we never will understand that but it doesn't mean He doesn't care. He does as hard as it is for some to understand, He does love us. He is holding those children in His Arms, they are safe now. The LORD is there amongst the grieving...unseen but still there with each tear drop. He is there with the children who survived and the families.
Evil is abounding in these days. What with the shooting at the mall a couple of days ago and now this. I truly believe that the devil has little time left and he is doing all he can to finish his work here. It may be scary but I have confidence in the LORD because I know what happens at the end. I still grieve, feel, hurt but I have my comfort in the Great Comforter and trust Him to get us through this.
In my prayers, I lift up those families and friends of those whose loved ones were lost and those who survived. I pray that the LORD continue to comfort them in the days and years to come.
"The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34; 18
No comments:
Post a Comment