Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Our "Thanksgiving" Dinner

This year we started something new.  Instead of Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving, we went to Gustavs for dinner the night before.  Leslea is is Utah with her new family.  Alison has her family traditions to start...it is time to let go.  It is alright.  I am good with it but don't take my Christmas Eve morning away from me.  That is my family time when the kids come over in pjs, we have breakfast, Santa comes and goes, and we open gifts. 

I love weinerschnizel!  So, I was content to have that for dinner.  Maybe next year we will do actual Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving at Gustavs.  On Thanksgiving, I will put a turkey in the oven and we can have leftovers--you have to have them!!

I put up my Christmas decorations last Tuesday when the kids were here.  I was going to save it for Thanksgiving but I am glad we did it early with them--it was a lot of fun!

It is a different Thanksgiving and that is ok.  Maybe one of these years when Alison and Larry get a bigger house and if Leslea and Bob move here, we can go to their houses for Thanksgiving.  Sounds nice.....but I am still going for weinerschnizel also--sometime before Thanksgiving--it is so yummy for a nice treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment