Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Today was my birthday!

Well, only in the eyes of my grandchildren.  This morning, Hunter and Grace took out the Melissa & Doug wooden pizza with toppings, the wooden birthday cake with candles and topping, the wooden cookies with icing, and the wooden donut kit.

Hunter sat about making ovens out of empty boxes on the floor in their room (used to be Wayne's but he still has a small corner that he can claim).  He was busy "baking" and "cooking".  Grace announced that this was their kitchen and that Gramps and I have to be seated in the "restaurant" (aka our dining room table).  She proceeded to escort us to our table and pulled out my chair and gave a "Vanna White" motion for me to sit down. 

She announced it was Nana's birthday and what would I like on my pizza?  My little waitress went back to their "kitchen" and yelled at the chef (aka Hunter) that I wanted pizza with pepperoni and green peppers.  Things were quiet for awhile when suddenly Hunter appeared and said, "we have green and red peppers on our pizza, will that be OK?"  To which I said OK.

Then my little waitress came with my pizza and two cookies.  She told me that I didn't have to pay for the dinner because it was my birthday but Gramps has too, it isn't his birthday.  So I pretended and so did Wayne to eat our wooden pizza and cookies, saying yummo every now and then.

Grace reappeared with pieces of the wooden cake with a wooden candle in mine.  She ran back to the "kitchen" and brought out "Chef Hunter".  They both stood there and sang "Happy Birthday, Nana!"  I almost cried, it was so sweet! 

Grace told me that I could pick out a "present" from her sticker box. Sigh.  What great kids!

Another blessing to fold up and keep in my heart forever.

"Count your blessings, not your bruises."

No comments:

Post a Comment