A couple of the coaches gave me gifts of appreciation. Leslie gave me some beautiful autumn flowers and MaryAnn gave me a homemade warming pad (the kind with rice in it that you warm up in the microwave).
MaryAnn just gave me her gift when I noticed out of the corner of my eye, one of my bowlers, Kevin, waiting patiently with a gift bag.
Kevin is "my guy". I have know Kevin since coaching him in Basketball many years ago and he also worked at the college in my print shop for awhile. He has had a crush on me since then. He was broken hearted when I announced my engagement to Wayne at Track practice. To make it for it, he was one of the guys I danced with at my wedding to the song "My Girl". He was beaming dancing with me in his tux.He handed me the gift and I saw it was a tied blanket. I thought his mom had made it but then I pulled it out and noticed that the top side was backwards (if you look at the picture, the words are backwards). I knew it had to be Kevin. I asked him, "Did you make this for me?" He stood there beaming and nodding his head. I was THRILLED!!! I hugged him and my blanket and just beamed more than him. I was so touched by him taking time to tie the blanket together and it was a bowling pattern!! Later, I found out from Wayne who was standing with Kev's mom that she said that he had the idea and picked it the fabric himself and worked at it everyday until it was completed.
I love this gift--and the words being backwards are so special!! I am so blessed! This made up for a rough week and helps so much with my 90% attitude (see next blog). Love you, Kev!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment