Tuesday, February 12, 2013

"Help, Thanks, Wow!-The Three Essential Prayers"

That is the title of book that Ken (aka Pops) gave me.  I have breezed through it a couple of times but didn't sit and read it until waiting for Wayne in the waiting room during his surgery.  I got alot of encouragement from this little book-thanks, Ken!

The first essential prayer-Help seems to be the one that we pray alot.  It happens most often when we hit bottom.  According to the book, there is freedom in hitting bottom, in seeing that you won't be able to save or rescue a situation,  You come to the point of "Help, Help us walk through this, Help us come through.

I can't tell you how many times I have prayed that prayer.  I haven't always had the answer I want but the one I need and have learned that He is the best one to take control and it is best I let go.  I listen for the answer and follow His small voice.

I have had people praying for me, Wayne, Alison, Larry, Hunter, Grace, my mom, brother and sister.  As the book states..."And as it turns out, if one person is praying for you, buckle up.  Things can happen." And they will.  It may take time, but it will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment