Hunter was thrilled that Mama could make it. Originally, it was just going to be me. I am glad she made it.
I was there about recess time to set up the "party-party". Mrs. Rogers is really organized and there were three parents besides me that were there to help. Each child received a plate with a big heart cookie and a pile of decorations to decorate it with. Hunter was quick to decorate his cookie and partake of it!
When it was time to open the folder with his valentines, he had to read each one and holler "Thank you!" to each individual that gave him one. Soon, I heard, "Thank you, Hunter!!" back and forth. The kids really loved the valentines. Wayne gave each one of them a tiny box of candy valentines which many read "from Gramps" on it.
Brooklyn's dad and I were talking when I found out that Brooklyn's brother, Cole, has autism. So, naturally, I asked if he was in Special Olympics and found out that they have been wanting to have him participate but don't know how. Amazing how we got put together! Needless to say, they do now and it looks like Cole may start in track and field!
I always appreciate getting to know the kids' parents and seeing just how small our world is.
No comments:
Post a Comment