Monday, February 11, 2013

It is done...well, kinda.


I finally have all my books in one location!  After gleaning out a three boxes of books, I still have a little room for more!  I love reading--does it show?!  Two boxes went to Goodwill and one will go with me to TOPS--it is mostly Weight Watchers and other good for you cookbooks.

I have wanted to do this for years!  Now, the whole art room is color coordinated in white.  White table, counters, cabinets and now bookcases.  Hunter and Grace will love that they have two short shelves of their books....and room for more!  Looks like I go book shopping soon!

I said it is done..kinda because Wayne has to spray paint white three red magazine holders that I will put with the other four I have on the bottom shelf.  I copied the title of the magazine and glued it to the spine so I know what it holds.

This inspired me to organize my piles of documents that are all over the place.  When I hunted down the documents that the lawyer wanted, I was so frustrated!  So, I bought a box of large brown envelopes and filled the living room with all the documents.  I sorted, threw out, put in bags for shredding and put things in labeled brown envelopes into three bank boxes!  I even pulled out the mess in our safe and organized those documents!  I told Wayne that now if I should go to Heaven, at least Alison and he can find the correct documents when they need them.

That was another project that I have avoided and I am so glad to get it done!  Next project: organize my computer software boxes (I have old programs that I never use).  Maybe Saturday, maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment