Monday morning, we headed to the hospital after dropping off Hunter at school. The surgery was supposed to happen at 1:00, we were there at 10:45 just like we were supposed to. Wayne was a little concerned about the procedure and running late didn't help his anxiety. When he finally was wheeled off to surgery, I went to the cafeteria for some food--it was 1:30 and I was starving. After that, I went and waited in a very crowded waiting room--12 families were there according to the volunteer helping. I was amazed that the surgeries done were on grandmas with the exception of Wayne. There was an emergency surgery that put all the surgeries behind.
Wayne did fine and was anxious to get the heck out of Dodge! He had the tears removed in his knee and an additional free floater in there. We got home late that night both tired. I had to wake him up every four hours for his pain medicine....needless to say, I didn't get any sleep.
So, it probably wasn't too brilliant of me to babysit the next day but the kids were in school in the morning. Both Hunter and Grace catered to Gramps. Hunter insisted that his mama should give Gramps medicine and he should have some soup to make him better. He couldn't look at Wayne's leg without covering his eyes.
Grace was the one to make sure Gramps had all he needed. She would run between the kitchen and our room to check on him several times. I never told her to do that, she just did it. She would climb on our bed and lay next to him "helping him read" (of course this is Wayne's way of getting her to learn to read). She was quite attentive to him and that was a big help to me.
Wednesday the same thing happened with the kids concerned about their Gramps. We had Misha too on Wednesday. We have gotten used to our grand-puppy coming on Wednesdays and it was Wayne's idea to continue having her over. Olivia ignores her and Sam has words with her occasionally but mostly gets along.
Grace and I went to drop off Hunter for his Mad Science class that afternoon. Wayne had climbed into bed since his knee was hurting--he had a reaction to the pain meds and had to change to Alleve. The pain meds were stronger.
When we got home, Wayne told us that his leg was really hurting him while we were gone. Misha was trying to get on the bed with him--he kept shooing her away and finally gave in. Misha gingerly laid next to Wayne's hurt knee and laid there quietly until we got home. Wayne couldn't believe it but shortly after Misha laid next to him, the pain disappeared. I think Misha is now higher on the food chain than the cats :) !
I am grateful for the prayers--they have worked. I can't believe how Wayne is getting around. I am grateful for my two grandchildren who helped me out alot. And I am grateful for not having to get up every four hours!!!
Misha and my kids are such rock stars in my book :) Glad Misha took care of him and her dog skills worked and that both kids were helpful and caring it just means they are all getting taught good from me and the rest of the family :)
ReplyDelete